Understanding the principles and practices of assessment (3 credits)
Level-3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment (RQF) – Refresher Course Distance Learning
This is the mandatory and only unit for the course, in which you will learn about your role as an Assessor and the new practices and legislation put in place to support assessment.
LEVEL 3 AWARD IN UNDERSTANDING THE PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICES OF ASSESSMENT (RQF) – REFRESHER COURSE DISTANCE LEARNING
The Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment(RQF) Refresher Course Distance Learning is a knowledge-only Award for those who are starting their journey as an assessor, or for those who need to know about assessment practice but who are not currently practicing e.g. a starting point for aspiring assessors or a professional development qualification for managers, HR or quality assurance personnel.
This Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment(RQF) Refresher Course Distance Learning Online is a knowledge-based certification programme. It has been intended for those who hold the D32, D33, or A1 qualifications and has been approved by TQUK. This refresher course will assist you in upgrading your Assessor qualification to the Assessor RQF level. (Please note that we only charge for the awarding of the body certificate after it has been completed.) As a result, when you finish, you will be charged £30 for your certificate.)
WHAT SHOULD BE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
- Hold the D32, D33 or A1 award
- Level 2 written and spoken English (Equivalent to GCSE A-C)
- IT literate (Internet, Microsoft office)
- Able to understand and interpret course materials
- Self-motivated and willing to complete and achieve
We facilitate this course online via email support
The Best Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment(RQF) Refresher Course Distance Learning London would involve:
- Around 30 hours of online material in the form of Lessons
- Videos clearly explaining the concepts around assessments
- Audio/Podcasts clearly explaining the concepts around assessments
- Analytical reading texts
- Discussions with peers and tutor
- On-going quizzes throughout the course
- And much more…
Who should do this course?
The L3 AUPPA is intended for those who wish to gain an understanding of the principles and practices of assessment without any requirement to practice as assessors. It is a knowledge-only award. It has been designed:
- For individuals who are interested in learning more about assessment or who need to know about assessment practise as part of their role in the further education and skills sector / private sector
- For individuals who want a short qualification to enable them to make career choices
- For individuals who want to know more about assessment or who need to know about assessment practise as part of their role in the further education and skills sector / private sector
- For individuals who have completed some introduction to training qualifications
WHY CHOOSE US?
Here at Qualified Assessor UK, we provide the best trainers with the QTLS status(Qualified Teacher Status: Learning & Skills, Trainer with DTLLS, CELTA, Assessor (A1), Internal Verifier (V1) and various other qualifications in the Lifelong Learning Sector (unlike some other training companies where staff might not be highly qualified).
Along with that we give our learners the Trainer with 13+ years’ of teaching/training/assessing experience, 7+ years’ full-time experience of delivering Teacher Training Qualifications like the PTLLS, L3 AET & Conflict Management courses, 3+ years’ full-time experience of delivering the TAQA (Assessors’ & Internal Verifiers’) course, 13+ years’ experience of delivering ESOL courses. So choose us and we would be happy to talk with you for the next course.
Level 3 learning would include:
- A planned approach to reading and research relating to principles, theories and practice
- Evidence of a reflective approach
- Reflection on own practice grounded upon reading
- Consideration of how professional values impact on working in your area
It includes the following assessment methods (although not all of these require performance evidence):
- observation of performance in the work environment;
- examining products of work;
- questioning the learner;
- discussing with the learner;
- use of others (witness testimony);
- looking at learner statements; and
- recognizing prior learning.
There is no requirement for each unit to be assessed separately. Assessors are advised to adopt a holistic approach and, where possible, to use one activity as evidence for learning outcomes and assessment criteria TQUK Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment (QCF), TQUK Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement (QCF) and TQUK Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (QCF) 4 for both units.
For example, a professional discussion for the unit Assess occupational competence in the work environment (H/601/5314) might also provide some evidence for the unit Understanding the principles and practices of assessment (D/601/5313).
However, it is essential that evidence for the assessment criteria in each unit is identified individually.
On successful completion of this Best Online Level 3 Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment(RQF) Refresher Course Distance Learning UK, you would:
- Understand the principles & requirements of assessment
- Understand different types of assessment methods
- Understand how to plan assessment
- Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand how to make assessment decisions
- Understand own contribution to the quality assurance of assessment
- Understand how to manage information relating to assessment of occupational competence
- Understand the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
Save money by paying in full !
By paying in full, you can save money and get started on your course right away. Once your payment is processed, we would add you as a learner to our system and one of our advisors would contact you straight away with your login details and your password, so you can start accessing your course materials right away.